WORDS – ARE THEY CREATING OR REJECTING THE LIFE YOU WOULD LIKE?
I am nearly finished the Course in Miracles – 7 days to go – (365 days of study/meditation/letting go of judgements and preconceptions). It has taken me nearly 3 years to complete it and has resulted in me being in the world with a completely different energy.
As I am getting closer to the end, I have been wondering where it is taking me, and I picked up a book lent to me by a beautiful soul. I've had the book sitting around for a while, and obviously the time is just right – it's called "A Complaint Free World". A couple of years ago a group of Palmerston North businesses got a group of people together who encouraged each other to complete the 21 day challenge outlined in the book.
Having become very aware of the effect of our words on our relationships and on our inner world, I have really enjoyed reading the book and taking up the challenge to go for 21 days of "Complaint Free Living". I am completing my 1st successful 24 hours since starting a week ago and I am being very quiet – for me anyway.
Gary Zukov, author of The Seat of the Soul and Soul to Soul says of the book, and of the process, that it is a "reminder that the only permanent, constructive changes you can make in the world are the changes that you make in yourself"
How can we change the words which come out automatically? Because words have such a huge amount of power in our lives, when you are changing your vocabulary, it helps to have alternatives to use. Here are some that might help you come up with new statements you can use to replace the old ones that no longer serve you ...
- I can't ... #### How can I ....
- It's no use ... #### How can I change this pattern
- You can't win ... #### Things always work out for me
- I'm hurt ... #### What would it take for me to ....
- I'm worried sick ... #### I trust that everything will work out
- I feel overloaded ... #### Time is on my side/ I am popular
- I should ... #### I choose to ....
- Why does that happen? #### I am so lucky/ I am blessed/ There is always enough / Everything always works out/
- If you like affirmations, a very powerful one that came from France nearly 200 years ago is
- "Every day in day way, I am getting better and better."
- Or "All of life comes to me with ease joy and glory." (An Access Consciousness saying)
If there is anyone who would like to join in with the 21 day Complaint Free Challenge, let me know and I will get you a purple wrist band – every time you make a complaint, you swap the band to the other wrist and start again. I would love to have some of you amazing people doing it with me ( I know there are those of you who have already done it!)
Get your Free ‘Irresistible Me’ Book
Your simple 5 step guide to feeling ALIVE, RESTED, & BEAUTIFUL by meeting your own needs while caring for the loved ones in your life
Contact Be Well Naturally
You can contact us by phone on
(06) 363 7575
Or you can contact us online now